MEI is always looking for talented people to keep us at the forefront of the publishing software industry. We offer competitive compensation, an attractive benefits package and exciting career opportunities for individuals ready to excel in sales, software engineering and development, project management, integration, training and customer support.
If you’re interested in pursuing a job with MEI, send a resume with a cover letter to email@example.com. Be sure to include the word “RESUME” in the subject line. PDF is preferred; please include contact information in the body of the email.
The Web Developer will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions across multiple platforms and products.
- Will be relied upon for development, project planning, technical architecture, and requirements.
- Coordinate product life-cycle activities with engineering, documentation, quality assurance, business development, sales, marketing, training and support personnel.
- Develop and maintain development/release schedules.
- Job may be performed either locally in Jenkintown, or remote.
- Candidates must have 2+ years of experience in web development complimented by a Graphic Design, Interactive Design, Software Engineering background or Computer Science degree as well as experience developing consumer-facing web-based applications.
- Experience with Python and the Django Web Framework.
- Experience with interface design and understand usability issues as well as have a strong command on W3C Standards.
- Candidates should have experience working with the leading content management systems (CMS).
- Demonstrate a strong comprehension of object-oriented, aspect-oriented, and relational programming concepts.
- Candidates should have experience with cross-browser compatibility including Internet Explorer rendering issues and solutions.
- Experience with Agile development methods, Flex/Flash/AIR, Java, Objective-C, .NET, Ruby, Relational Databases, ORM, Hibernate, and/or XSLT is a definite plus.
- The ideal candidate will have committed code to an open-source project; has a deep understanding of Web 2.0 design trends, styles, and technologies; and enjoys researching and applying emerging technology.
We offer a competitive salary; 70% Employer paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Insurance; Employer paid Disability and Life Insurance; 401(k) Plan and Flexible Spending Plans.
MEI cannot sponsor visa candidates.