- MEI Appoints Optizen Labs as Portico European Reseller
- MEI Expands European Presence with Portico Reseller in Italy
- MEI Portico™ Integrates With Salesforce Using New CRM Module
- Stony Brook University Selects TruEdit
- Bigfish Publications Sees Big Wins With TruEdit
- MEI Portico™ Brings Adobe DPS Storefronts To Android
- MEI Ad Layout System for Publishers Now Compatible with Mavericks
- MEI Debuts Cloud-based, Collaborative Workflow System
- Prometheus Global Media Enhances Apps with New MEI Portico Storefront
- MEI Highlights Best Practices and Innovation in Digital Publishing at Pro Pub Summit 2013
- MEI Unveils Enterprise-level Planning and Management System
- MEI Portico Version 2.6 Offers New Storefront Capabilities for Adobe DPS Apps
- MEI Expands European Presence with Portico Reseller
- MEI Portico Authentication Powers DOCMINE Videobooks iPad App
- MEI Supports Publishing Platform Integration for Condé Nast International
- TCS Expeditions Updates iPad App with MEI Portico 2.5
- Human Rights Campaign Launches New App with Help from MEI
- Bonnier Adds Custom Storefronts Using MEI Portico
- Georgia Public Broadcasting Launches New App with Help from MEI
- MEI Portico Version 2.5 for Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Now Available
- MEI Creates Tablet App for Art Institutes' New Digital Publishing Program
- Billboard Magazine Launches Dynamic iPad App Powered by MEI Portico
- MEI Creates App to Promote University of South Florida’s Mobile App Conference
- Rolling Stone Debuts iPad App with Support from MEI, Nervous Pixel
- MEI Portico Version 2.0 for Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Now Available
- Pro Pub Summit Draws Prominent MEI Clients, Addresses Future of vjoon K4™ and Adobe DPS
- Adweek Premieres New iPad App Using MEI Portico and Adobe DPS Enterprise
- MEI Announces 2012 Calendar of Fall Events
- TCS & Starquest Expeditions Debuts iPad App with MEI Portico
- MEI Introduces Nervous Pixel — The Creative Division of Managing Editor Inc.
- MEI Revamps Publishing Workflow at RSNA with vjoon K4™
- vjoon K4™ Is the First Publishing System to Support Full Integration with New Adobe DPS API
- MEI Builds Interactive iPad Program Book for ISTE Conference
MEI Creates Tablet App for Art Institutes' New Digital Publishing Program
The new app aims to draw the attention of students interested in designing interactive content for the growing tablet audience
Jenkintown, PA (February 19, 2013) Managing Editor Inc. (MEI) today announced that its creative team, Nervous Pixel, has built an interactive app to promote “Designing for Tablets: Digital Publishing,” a new Bachelor of Science degree program available at The Art Institutes schools. The app, built using the Adobe® Digital Publishing Suite™ (DPS), extends the opportunities available at The Art Institutes schools to those who are most interested in shaping the future of design and communications — actual tablet and app enthusiasts. Program availability and degree offerings vary by location and are subject to change.
MEI’s Nervous Pixel team collaborated with The Art Institutes to create a unique experience that allows potential students to engage with the technology they may one day produce while navigating through the program’s offerings. The free app features a visual and interactive overview of the curriculum, including specific areas of focus, video interviewswith successful alumni from other programs from The Art Institutes system of schools and discusses the growth opportunities in the digital publishing field.
“The publishing paradigm has changed and it’s clear that tablets are here to stay,” said Will Steuber, creative director of Nervous Pixel. “It’s been great to work on something that will inform and inspire the next generation of designers who will likely push the limits of digital publishing beyond anything we can even dream of today.”
Using Adobe DPS, Nervous Pixel’s approach to presenting The Art Institutes’ new degree program encourages users to explore the advantages and benefits of the Digital Publishing program through an interactive experience unique to the tablet environment.
”With an estimated growth in tablet sales of about 450 million units by 2016, according to Business Insider Intelligence, the timing of this innovative program couldn’t be more apt.
The Art Institutes system of more than 50 schools continues to advance digital design and technology training in this newest curriculum offering. “We're excited to be able to tell the world about this new degree program in a format that demonstrates precisely what the degree prepares you to create,” said Mark Lancia, The Art Institutes vice president of marketing.
The iPad app is available for download on iTunes here.
The Android version is available on Google Play here.
Managing Editor Inc., an Adobe premier development partner, specializes in quality, proven publishing solutions. MEI provides tools that manage content for any output medium — print, online, tablets such as the iPad, mobile devices such as the iPhone and other digital formats. Nervous Pixel is the registered trademark of Managing Editor Inc. All rights reserved. Visit www.maned.com for more information.
About Nervous Pixel
Nervous Pixel is the creative division of MEI that specializes in custom tablet app design and production. The team of design professionals have developed and deployed tablet projects with Rolling Stone, Reader’s Digest, University of Alabama, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Adweek, Billboard Magazine and more. Visit www.nervouspixel.com for more information.
About The Art Institutes
The Art Institutes (www.artinstitutes.edu) is a system of more than 50 schools located throughout North America. The Art Institutes schools provide an important source for design, media arts, fashion and culinary professionals. Several institutions included in The Art Institutes system are campuses of South University or Argosy University. OH Registration # 04-01-1698B; AC0165, AC0080; Licensed by the Florida Commission for Independent Education, License No. 1287, 3427, 3110, 2581. Since The Art Institute is comprised of several institutions, see aiprograms.info for program duration, tuition, fees, and other costs, median debt, federal salary data, alumni success, and other important information.