- Bigfish Publications Sees Big Wins With TruEdit
- MEI Portico™ Brings Adobe DPS Storefronts To Android
- MEI Ad Layout System for Publishers Now Compatible with Mavericks
- MEI Debuts Cloud-based, Collaborative Workflow System
- Prometheus Global Media Enhances Apps with New MEI Portico Storefront
- MEI Highlights Best Practices and Innovation in Digital Publishing at Pro Pub Summit 2013
- MEI Unveils Enterprise-level Planning and Management System
- MEI Portico Version 2.6 Offers New Storefront Capabilities for Adobe DPS Apps
- MEI Expands European Presence with Portico Reseller
- MEI Portico Authentication Powers DOCMINE Videobooks iPad App
- MEI Supports Publishing Platform Integration for Condé Nast International
- TCS Expeditions Updates iPad App with MEI Portico 2.5
- Human Rights Campaign Launches New App with Help from MEI
- Bonnier Adds Custom Storefronts Using MEI Portico
- Georgia Public Broadcasting Launches New App with Help from MEI
- MEI Portico Version 2.5 for Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Now Available
- MEI Creates Tablet App for Art Institutes' New Digital Publishing Program
- Billboard Magazine Launches Dynamic iPad App Powered by MEI Portico
- MEI Creates App to Promote University of South Florida’s Mobile App Conference
- Rolling Stone Debuts iPad App with Support from MEI, Nervous Pixel
- MEI Portico Version 2.0 for Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Now Available
- Pro Pub Summit Draws Prominent MEI Clients, Addresses Future of vjoon K4™ and Adobe DPS
- Adweek Premieres New iPad App Using MEI Portico and Adobe DPS Enterprise
- MEI Announces 2012 Calendar of Fall Events
- TCS & Starquest Expeditions Debuts iPad App with MEI Portico
- MEI Introduces Nervous Pixel — The Creative Division of Managing Editor Inc.
- MEI Revamps Publishing Workflow at RSNA with vjoon K4™
- vjoon K4™ Is the First Publishing System to Support Full Integration with New Adobe DPS API
- MEI Builds Interactive iPad Program Book for ISTE Conference
MEI Creates App to Promote University of South Florida’s Mobile App Conference
Nervous Pixel, MEI’s creative team, connects attendees to mobile industry experts and professionals with new digital publication
Jenkintown, PA (February 1, 2013) Managing Editor Inc. (MEI), an Adobe premier development partner, today announced that its creative team, Nervous Pixel, has designed and produced an interactive app to accompany the University of South Florida’s first conference on mobile app publishing, “Higher Education Enterprise Mobile App Conference” (HEEMAC). The app, built using the Adobe® Digital Publishing Suite™ (DPS), supports the event with program details and encourages participants to connect with speakers and other education professionals using embedded social media.
Using Adobe DPS, Nervous Pixel’s team of designers created the HEEMAC app to enrich the overall conference experience and to encourage participants to explore the advantages and benefits of mobile publishing through interactive content unique to the tablet environment.
“We’re excited to present a digital guide to HEEMAC for our attendees,” said Kathleen Long, USF’s director of web services. “Nervous Pixel brought the HEEMAC guide to life with a format that extends dialog beyond the conference room and gives our participants an example of what is possible using these app technologies.”
The free app features a day-by-day schedule of speakers and session descriptions, professional bios for all of the speakers, maps and resources for navigating through the conference and a helpful list of things for attendees to do while they are visiting the Tampa Bay area. A live Twitter feed allows participants to connect with speakers and their colleagues. The running feed of conference-tagged tweets sets the groundwork for networking in the digital publishing field. The app also includes a built-in survey to capture feedback from participants directly from their iPads — eliminating the hassle of filling out physical forms and figuring out how and where to submit them (not to mention saving paper and simplifying the task of collecting and managing responses).
“We’re helping more and more universities initiate their tablet publishing projects,” said Will Steuber, creative director of Nervous Pixel. “They are recognizing value in mobile publishing and, by the way, that’s where their audience is.” Steuber will participate in a panel discussion at USF’s Mobile App Conference that focuses on how the HEEMAC app was developed.
The app is free and available for download in the iTunes App Store here
Managing Editor Inc., an Adobe premier development partner, specializes in quality, proven publishing solutions. MEI provides tools that manage content for any output medium — print, online, tablets such as the iPad, mobile devices such as the iPhone and other digital formats. Nervous Pixel is the registered trademark of Managing Editor Inc. All rights reserved. Visit www.maned.com for more information.
About Nervous Pixel
Nervous Pixel is the creative division of MEI that specializes in custom tablet app design and production. The team of design professionals have developed and deployed tablet projects with Rolling Stone, Reader’s Digest, University of Alabama, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Adweek, Billboard Magazine and more. Visit www.nervouspixel.com for more information.
About The University of South Florida
The University of South Florida is a high-impact, global research university dedicated to student success. USF is classified by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching in the top tier of research universities, a distinction attained by only 2.2 percent of all universities. It ranks 50th in the nation for federal expenditures in research and total expenditures in research among all U.S. universities, public or private, according to the National Science Foundation. The USF System has an annual budget of $1.5 billion, an annual economic impact of $3.7 billion, and serves 47,000 students in Tampa, St. Petersburg, Sarasota-Manatee and Lakeland.
About Adobe Digital Publishing Suite
The Adobe Digital Publishing Suite enables the creation of immersive reading experiences that combine the visual impact of print, the flexibility of the tablet format, the immediacy of touch interaction and the engagement of interactive elements such as video, audio and animated infographics. In conjunction with InDesign®, Adobe DPS provides a robust end-to-end publishing solution for creation, distribution, commercialization and analysis of high-value content, including traditional magazines and newspapers as well as corporate publications.