- Bigfish Publications Sees Big Wins With TruEdit
- MEI Portico™ Brings Adobe DPS Storefronts To Android
- MEI Ad Layout System for Publishers Now Compatible with Mavericks
- MEI Debuts Cloud-based, Collaborative Workflow System
- Prometheus Global Media Enhances Apps with New MEI Portico Storefront
- MEI Highlights Best Practices and Innovation in Digital Publishing at Pro Pub Summit 2013
- MEI Unveils Enterprise-level Planning and Management System
- MEI Portico Version 2.6 Offers New Storefront Capabilities for Adobe DPS Apps
- MEI Expands European Presence with Portico Reseller
- MEI Portico Authentication Powers DOCMINE Videobooks iPad App
- MEI Supports Publishing Platform Integration for Condé Nast International
- TCS Expeditions Updates iPad App with MEI Portico 2.5
- Human Rights Campaign Launches New App with Help from MEI
- Bonnier Adds Custom Storefronts Using MEI Portico
- Georgia Public Broadcasting Launches New App with Help from MEI
- MEI Portico Version 2.5 for Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Now Available
- MEI Creates Tablet App for Art Institutes' New Digital Publishing Program
- Billboard Magazine Launches Dynamic iPad App Powered by MEI Portico
- MEI Creates App to Promote University of South Florida’s Mobile App Conference
- Rolling Stone Debuts iPad App with Support from MEI, Nervous Pixel
- MEI Portico Version 2.0 for Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Now Available
- Pro Pub Summit Draws Prominent MEI Clients, Addresses Future of vjoon K4™ and Adobe DPS
- Adweek Premieres New iPad App Using MEI Portico and Adobe DPS Enterprise
- MEI Announces 2012 Calendar of Fall Events
- TCS & Starquest Expeditions Debuts iPad App with MEI Portico
- MEI Introduces Nervous Pixel — The Creative Division of Managing Editor Inc.
- MEI Revamps Publishing Workflow at RSNA with vjoon K4™
- vjoon K4™ Is the First Publishing System to Support Full Integration with New Adobe DPS API
- MEI Builds Interactive iPad Program Book for ISTE Conference
Billboard Magazine Launches Dynamic iPad App Powered by MEI Portico
New app joins The Hollywood Reporter, Adweek as third Prometheus Global Media brand built with Portico
Jenkintown, PA (February 4, 2013) Managing Editor Inc. (MEI) today announced the release of Billboard’s new custom-branded app developed and deployed using MEI Portico™ and Adobe® Digital Publishing Suite™. The MEI team worked with Prometheus Global Media, owner of the Billboard brand, to create a unified app experience across three of its digital publications — The Hollywood Reporter, Adweek and Billboard. The three tablet apps feature custom-designed storefronts of selected content and subscription fulfillment for readers, made possible using Portico.
The third app in a series of digital publications produced and supported by MEI for Prometheus Global Media, Billboard readers are presented with a branded landing screen powered by Portico. Readers can view a live news feed with up-to-the-minute Billboard news, as well as search and preview a library of issues available for download.
“Portico adds a level of precision to our creative control,” said Rory McCafferty, vice president, digital, at Prometheus Global Media. “It offers adaptability as our needs grow, an invaluable advantage for all our Adobe DPS magazines — The Hollywood Reporter, Adweek and Billboard."
Billboard worked with Nervous Pixel, the creative division of MEI, to design custom features, including an accordion-like menu of the weekly charts and interactivity that allows the reader to stream songs on-demand from Spotify.
“Portico paired with Adobe DPS is a powerful tool for app publishers who want to enhance their presentation,” said Craig Roth, senior vice president of sales at MEI. “Our solutions make it possible for publications to put the focus on highlighting quality content for their readers.”
MEI’s team of solutions specialists trained designers at Billboard to build and edit interactivity for their digital issues using Adobe DPS creative tools. MEI also worked with the production team to install Portico, build the app and submit to the iTunes App Store. The Portico framework allows administrators to easily present new content in their storefront without having to update the app.
“Portico made it possible for Billboard to incorporate subscription management, search, news and issue previews,” said Meghan Milkowski, corporate production director at Prometheus Global Media. “With MEI’s support, we expect our readership to grow with each digital magazine we build, all in an experience that differentiates us from others.”
Find the apps for Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter and Adweek in the iTunes App Store.
The Hollywood Reporter: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/hollywood-reporter-for-ipad/id398952999?mt=8
Managing Editor Inc., an Adobe premier development partner, specializes in quality, proven publishing solutions. MEI provides tools that manage content for any output medium — print, online, tablets such as the iPad, mobile devices such as the iPhone and other digital formats. Nervous Pixel is the creative division of MEI that specializes in custom tablet app design and production and is the registered trademark of Managing Editor Inc. All rights reserved. For more about MEI, visit www.maned.com. For more about Nervous Pixel, visit www.nervouspixel.com.
About MEI Portico
MEI Portico works with the Enterprise edition of the Adobe Digital Publishing Suite to build custom storefronts for your digital brand. For publishers who want to enhance their tablet output with functionality beyond the standard template, MEI’s creative services team can help develop specialized Porticos with custom features. For more details and purchasing information, contact an MEI sales representative at 215-886-5662 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Adobe Digital Publishing Suite
The Adobe Digital Publishing Suite enables the creation of immersive reading experiences that combine the visual impact of print, the flexibility of the tablet format, the immediacy of touch interaction and the engagement of interactive elements such as video, audio and animated infographics. In conjunction with InDesign®, Adobe DPS provides a robust end-to-end publishing solution for creation, distribution, commercialization and analysis of high-value content, including traditional magazines and newspapers as well as corporate publications.