- MEI Ad Layout System for Publishers Now Compatible with Mavericks
- MEI Debuts Cloud-based, Collaborative Workflow System
- Prometheus Global Media Enhances Apps with New MEI Portico Storefront
- MEI Highlights Best Practices and Innovation in Digital Publishing at Pro Pub Summit 2013
- MEI Unveils Enterprise-level Planning and Management System
- MEI Portico Version 2.6 Offers New Storefront Capabilities for Adobe DPS Apps
- MEI Expands European Presence with Portico Reseller
- MEI Portico Authentication Powers DOCMINE Videobooks iPad App
- MEI Supports Publishing Platform Integration for Condé Nast International
- TCS Expeditions Updates iPad App with MEI Portico 2.5
- Human Rights Campaign Launches New App with Help from MEI
- Bonnier Adds Custom Storefronts Using MEI Portico
- Georgia Public Broadcasting Launches New App with Help from MEI
- MEI Portico Version 2.5 for Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Now Available
- MEI Creates Tablet App for Art Institutes' New Digital Publishing Program
- Billboard Magazine Launches Dynamic iPad App Powered by MEI Portico
- MEI Creates App to Promote University of South Florida’s Mobile App Conference
- Rolling Stone Debuts iPad App with Support from MEI, Nervous Pixel
- MEI Portico Version 2.0 for Adobe Digital Publishing Suite Now Available
- Pro Pub Summit Draws Prominent MEI Clients, Addresses Future of vjoon K4™ and Adobe DPS
- Adweek Premieres New iPad App Using MEI Portico and Adobe DPS Enterprise
- MEI Announces 2012 Calendar of Fall Events
- TCS & Starquest Expeditions Debuts iPad App with MEI Portico
- MEI Introduces Nervous Pixel — The Creative Division of Managing Editor Inc.
- MEI Revamps Publishing Workflow at RSNA with vjoon K4™
- vjoon K4™ Is the First Publishing System to Support Full Integration with New Adobe DPS API
- MEI Builds Interactive iPad Program Book for ISTE Conference
Rolling Stone Debuts iPad App with Support from MEI, Nervous Pixel
Legendary magazine lands in app store with help from MEI professional products and services
Jenkintown, PA (January 28, 2013) Managing Editor Inc. (MEI) today announced its professional and creative services support of Rolling Stone magazine’s recently released iPad app. Wenner Media, publisher of Rolling Stone and other entertainment magazines including Us Weekly, produced the app using vjoon K4™ Cross-Media Publishing Platform and the Adobe® Digital Publishing Suite™ (DPS), both top-tier products provided and supported by MEI.
The new app includes an embedded audio player that was originally introduced in Rolling Stone magazine’s popular Beatles app. Developed by MEI’s creative division, Nervous Pixel, the audio player streams samples from Apple’s iTunes Store, so Rolling Stone readers can experience music as they read related reviews and articles.
“When Rolling Stone needed a tablet initiative, naturally we turned to MEI’s expertise again after the success of our Us Weekly launch,” said Paul Leung, system administrator for Wenner Media. “We are excited to continue developing and refining our digital presence with their support.”
With Rolling Stone’s expertise in Adobe tools, tablet production with Adobe DPS was a logical evolution. vjoon K4’s collaborative database features allow designers and editors to manage all the elements of their tablet issues in an efficient and intuitive workflow. Users can access content locally and make changes just as they would for print, with the added benefit of Adobe DPS for implementing interactive features.
Along with vjoon K4’s robust management of cross-media content, a custom-built MEI tool streamlines the final stages of Rolling Stone’s app-production process. This solution uses the K4 XML Exporter™ module and a custom script to bulk-export finished layouts and their Adobe DPS metadata prior to uploading to the Adobe server.
“Thanks to the K4 XML Exporter and some custom development from MEI, Rolling Stone’s creative team has more time to focus on designing a rich tablet experience,” said Craig Roth, senior vice president of sales at MEI.
Rolling Stone’s app is designed and optimized exclusively for the iPad. It features the same content as the magazine’s print version presented in a dynamic and user-friendly way, with the added ability for users to listen to the music they are reading about.
Download the Rolling Stone app:
Download the Us Weekly app:
Managing Editor Inc., an Adobe premier development partner, specializes in quality, proven publishing solutions. MEI provides tools that manage content for any output medium — print, online, tablets such as the iPad, mobile devices such as the iPhone and other digital formats. Nervous Pixel is the registered trademark of Managing Editor Inc. All rights reserved. Visit www.maned.com for more information.
About Nervous Pixel
Nervous Pixel is the creative division of MEI that specializes in custom tablet app design and production. The team of design professionals have developed and deployed tablet projects with Rolling Stone, Reader’s Digest, University of Alabama, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Adweek, Billboard Magazine and more. Visit www.nervouspixel.com for more information.
About Adobe Digital Publishing Suite
The Adobe Digital Publishing Suite enables the creation of immersive reading experiences that combine the visual impact of print, the flexibility of the tablet format, the immediacy of touch interaction and the engagement of interactive elements such as video, audio and animated infographics. In conjunction with InDesign®, Adobe DPS provides a robust end-to-end publishing solution for creation, distribution, commercialization and analysis of high-value content, including traditional magazines and newspapers as well as corporate publications.